Scribble Jail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Upload/Download Objects

Go down

How To Upload/Download Objects Empty How To Upload/Download Objects

Post  IronicTitanium Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:49 am

Okay, so the directory is a little odd. Not what you would expect from most Steam games.

HOW TO FIND THE DIRECTORY: [required for both uploading and downloading]
Before beginning this, I should assume you have a decent amount of basic knowledge about computers.
Go to your C:/ Drive, Program Files, Steam. Now, find the "userdata" folder. Enter that folder, and then you will see some random numbers. Go into the first one. It should have several folders, a bunch with random numbers (for each game), and then folders labeled config, ugc.
If not, go into the other folder. Now, this part gets a bit tricky. You have to go into each of the folders, which can be hard, depending on how many games you have installed. Keep going to each one, then going into the "remote" folder in each of them. You know it's the Scribblenauts one when it has a lot of files labeled "obj_slot_0", or "obj_slot_0_preview." When you've found the correct folder, I recommend adding your Scribblenauts remote folder to your favorite, or put a shortcut on your desktop, or something like that.

This is my remote folder:
How To Upload/Download Objects 8vjOV
The parts cut out with black I hid because they are different for everyone. They are just a bunch of numbers. Just find the correct folder labeled 'remote' with those kinds of files in it.

HOW TO UPLOAD OBJECTS:
Now, in your Scribblenauts game, go to the Object Editor, then go to the My Objects tab. Keep counting from the left, through all your pages (if you have a lot), til you find the one you wish to upload. Got the number? Good. Find the two files labeled "obj_slot_x" and "obj_slot_x_preview", (x being the number) [[NOTE: IF IT'S NOT UPLOADED TO WORKSHOP, THERE WILL BE NO PREVIEW FILE. IN THIS CASE, JUST UPLOAD THE ONE FILE]] [[Also. If it does have a _preview file with it, you can open the file with Windows Photo Viewer, and then you can know which one's which]] and put them in a .ZIP file. Something I recommend doing is renaming them to literally obj_slot_x, etc., so that it won't cause as many issues for downloaders. Then, upload the ZIP to MediaFire, or any other file uploading site. Then, put the link to MediaFire in a forum topic in one of our Categories. Congratulations! You've just uploaded a file!

ALSO: I recommend using either 1. Our Gallery or 2. Imgur for hosting screenshots. In general, SCREENSHOTS ARE RECOMMENDED! People most likely won't want to download your object unless you have screenshots. You don't have to use the gallery or Imgur, but it's recommended. You also don't have to use MediaFire, but as I said, it's recommended. You can also use the Forum's built-in attachments, but, as I said before, MediaFire is recommended.

https://imgur.com/ http://www.mediafire.com/

HOW TO DOWNLOAD OBJECTS:
Now, to download a file off our forum boards, simply click the link provided, unzip it, and place both the files in your Remote folder. Then, you have to rename it to be obj_slot_[one number more than the last file] and obj_slot_[same number]_preview, so that it will work.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Enjoy!

Last edited by IronicTitanium on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a bit more to tutorial)
IronicTitanium
IronicTitanium
Admin

https://scribblejail.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum